Jumbo Pasta Shells stuffed with a ricotta cheese mix and baked in a meat sauce to cheesy perfection. Jumbo Stuffed shells are a great family meal!
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup large curd cottage chese
- 2 cups mozarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups meat sauce for pasta
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese. Add salt, pepper, chopped parsley and beaten egg. Stir everything together until well mixed and place in fridge while moving on.
- Boil Jumbo Shells to al dente firmness according to directions on box. Immediately strain in a colander and rinse with cold water to cool down. Once shells are cool to the touch, remove stuffing mixture from fridge.
- In a large baking pan, spoon in one ladle of sauce and spread it around to coat the bottom. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°.
- Slightly open each shell and spoon the cheese mixture into the middle. Stuff them pretty full, and then arrange them in the pan. Continue until all shells are stuffed and spoon meat sauce over the shells and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place covered shells in center of oven for 35 minutes. When timer goes off, remove pan and switch oven to a high broil. Remove covering and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Return shells to oven and broil until cheese begins to brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Allow shells to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Goes great with a crusty garlic bread or caesar salad.
As stated earlier in the article, I like cooking one batch immediately and sticking another in the freezer for a later date. To do this, simply follow the recipe to this point and place in the freezer. When it’s time to cook, simply continue with recipe, adding 10 minutes to the baking time.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 4 shells
- Calories: 475
- Sugar: 7.8g
- Sodium: 1056.7mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 43.5g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 49g
- Cholesterol: 96.8g
Keywords: Stuffed Shells, Italian Recipe, Pasta Recipe