Wontons stuffed with delicious buffalo chicken and cheese, grilled to crispy perfection. Great for parties, BBQs and tailgates!
- 1 lb cooked chicken, chopped
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 48 wonton wrappers (1 package)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- Grapeseed oil (for oiling grill)
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing (optional)
- MAKE FILLING: In mixing bowl, combine cooked chicken, cheddar cheese, blue cheese crumbles and buffalo sauce. Mix until well combined.
- ASSEMBLE WONTONS: Lay half of your wontons out on a large floured surface. In center of each wonton wrapper, spoon in one tablespoon of chicken filling. In a bowl, combine whole egg and cold water and beat together to form wash. Using a pastry brush, brush the edges of the the wonton wrappers. Top each stuffed wonton with an empty wonton. Using a fork, crimp along all four edges.
- GRILL: Brush each wonton with egg wash on all exposed sides. Preheat grill to 400° and grease grates with grapeseed oil. Place wontons on grill for 90 seconds, or until underside is golden brown. Flip and cook an additional 90 seconds. Remove to a tray and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
- TO SERVE: Serve with ranch or creamy blue cheese dressing for dipping.
If making these for a party, complete steps 1-2 ahead of time, then stop. Place wontons in a tupperware container side by side. Stack them with a layer of parchment paper between each row. Store in the fridge overnight before your party, keeping them cool until you're ready to cook.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Tailgate Food, Party Recipe, Grilling Recipes