Steamed basmati rice seasoned with lime, lemon, salt and cilantro. Goes great with seafood or mexican food. Copycat Chipotle Mexican Grill recipe.
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
Rice Cooker (Recommended)
- Turn your rice cooker on and set to saute. Allow to come to heat.
- Measure rice and pour into a fine mesh strainer . Rinse rice with cold water to clean off any excess starch.
- When rice cooker is warm, add butter and allow to melt. Squeeze in fresh lemon and lime juice, making sure to not let any seeds fall in.
- Pour in rice and stir everything together. Cook for about two minutes, then switch rice cooker off.
- Add in chopped fresh cilantro and salt. Stir everything again. Lastly, pour in water. Close lid to rice cooker and set to cook.
- Preheat a medium sized pot over medium.
- Add in butter and allow to heat, then squeeze in fresh lemon and lime juice.
- Pour in rice and stir everything together. Cook for about two minutes and remove from heat.
- Add cilantro and stir together. Next, pour in water and salt and stir once more.
- Cover with lid. Lower heat to low and return pot to burner.
- Cook for 16-18 minutes, until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican, Seafood, TexMex
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup cooked
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 0.2g
- Sodium: 586mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 13.9g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 7.6mg