As any good Nerd Chef knows, never waste duck fat. This recipe for Five Spice Duck Fat Oven Fries takes your french fry recipe to the next level! Goes great with burgers or your favorite Asian main course!
- 2 lbs russet potatoes (peeled)
- 1/4 cup duck fat
- Chinese Five Spice
- Kosher Salt
- Cooking Spray
- Begin by peeling your potatoes fully. If there are any discolored spots, cut them out and discard them. Cut the remaining potatoes into equally sized wedges. Place potatoes into a bowl of cold water and place in fridge for 30 minutes. This will remove the extra stretch from your potatoes and help to crisp them up.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Remove potatoes from water and place on paper towel to dry. Roll another paper towel out and pat fully dry. Place potatoes into a dry bowl and toss in duck fat. Grease a large baking sheets and spread potatoes on pan. Make sure not to overcrowd them, split them on two baking sheets if needed.
- Bake potatoes for 20 minutes. Remove pan from oven and flip potatoes using a spatula. Return to oven immediately and cook for another 10 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
- Toss potatoes immediately in 5-spice seasoning and sprinkle with kosher salt. Serve hot.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: duck fat, potato wedges, side dish