Dinner rolls kicked up a notch with everything bagel seasoning!
- 1 package instant yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted and divided
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp everything bagel seasoning, plus more for topping
- 2 1/4 cup bread flour
- MAKE DOUGH: In stand mixer, combine water and instant yeast. Let sit 15 minutes to activate. Add in warm milk, melted butter, egg and 1 tsp of everything bagel seasoning. Stir together, then add one cup of bread flour. Mix using a paddle attachment on stand mixer (affiliate) until combined to a wet, sticky dough. Change to dough hook attachment and add remaining bread flour gradually. Dough is ready when it's sticky and barely pulling away from the sides.
- KNEAD DOUGH & RISE: Knead dough in stand mixer for 5 minutes on medium-high speed. Dough should form a smooth, elastic ball that pulls cleanly from the sides of the ball. When it's done, transfer to a lightly greased mixing bowl and cover with a towel. Let rise for 90 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- FORM ROLLS: Transfer rolls to a lightly floured surface. Press lightly to deflate and form a large rectangle. Using a bench scraper, cut rolls into evenly sized squares, about 2 inches wide. Cover again with a paper towel and let rise 30 more minutes.
- SEASON AND BAKE: Preheat oven to 375°. Brush melted butter over top of rolls. Dip buttered side in remaining everything bagel seasoning to season tops. Place seasoned-side-up on a greased baking sheet. Bake in center of oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and let cool 15 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 2.5 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Dinner Rolls, Everything Bagels, Potluck Recipe