Breaded chicken nuggets soaked in a buttermilk bath make for a tender, delicious bite that all ages will love!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1.5 cups original breadcrumbs
- 0.5 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally, then each breast into 1 inch cubes. Place in an open airtight container and pour buttermilk over. Close lid and place in fridge for 30 minutes. While chicken is marinating, mix together both bread crumbs, garlic, salt and pepper in a wide, shallow bowl or tupperware container.
- Remove chicken from fridge. Place directly next to bread crumb bowl. Place a plate or pan on opposite side. Using one hand, place a piece of chicken in the breadcrumb mixture and roll around. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs using the opposite hand, then with the wet hand place the chicken on the plate/pan. Repeat until all chicken is breaded.
- Heat oil in large frying pan . Add about half the chicken to the pan, making sure not to overcrowd. Cook for about 3 minutes, until golden brown. Flip and cook opposite side another 3 minutes or so, again until golden brown. Remove to a plate lined with paper towel and serve warm.
As stated above, avoid overcrowding the pan. Feel free to cook the chicken in batches to avoid overcrowding. If doing this, simply remove the chicken from the pan to a baking sheet and place in oven on "Keep Warm" setting until complete. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as honey mustard, BBQ or Ranch. My wife and daughter like theirs dipped in mustard.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Pan Frying
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Kid Friendly Dinners, Homemade Chicken Nuggets, Family Meals