Savory, salty and sweet. These homemade granola bars delivers the perfect snack or power food for breakfast or lunch!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 up honey
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch table salt
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (mix of mini chips and regular chips)
- TOAST OATS: Preheat oven to 375°. Spread oats out evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet. Place in center of oven for 10 minutes. Remove, stir oats and return to oven for 8 more minutes to toast to a light golden brown. Remove and place in a heatproof bowl.
- PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE: While oats are toasting, melt butter in a small pot over medium heat. Heat until foaming and slightly browns. Butter will smell slightly nutty. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir until everything is well mixed and creamy.
- MIX IT UP: Add peanuts to heatproof mixing bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture overtop. Using a rubber spatula , stir everything until well mixed, with all oats covered in the mixture.
- MAKE BARS: Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper. Transfer the granola mix to the pan and press down and to the sides so that it's evenly thick throughout. Let sit for 15 minutes, then spread chocolate chips evenly overtop. Press gently into granola. Let sit for at least 3 hours to solidify and enjoy!