Traditional mexican beef made quickly and easily in the Instant Pot!
- 1 11oz can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 lb beef brisket or chuck roast, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 Tbsp coarse kosher salt
- Using a mesh strainer, open can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and strain adobo sauce into food processor. Press peppers against strainer to get the most sauce out. From there, add red onion, garlic cloves, fresh oregano, ground cumin, ground cloves, lime, apple cider vinegar and beef broth. Turn processor on and run until smooth, about 15 seconds.
- Pour mixture into Instant Pot. Add beef brisket. Close lid on Instant Pot and set vent to sealing. Set Instant Pot to Manual: High pressure for 45 minutes.
- When timer goes off, allow about 15 minutes for a full, natural release. Open lid and remove beef to a large mixing bowl. Shred using forks into small chunks. Pour beef onto a large baking sheet, and place in oven under broiler for 5 minutes, until beef just begins to crisp. Remove and serve immediately in a taco, nachos, or spooned over white rice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 85 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Instant Pot Barbacoa, Easy Taco Recipes, Easy Barbacoa