Creamy and delicious Italian comfort food. Toss everything in the Instant Pot and let the pressure cooker work it's magic for an awesome weeknight dinner.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1 head broccoli, steamed (or 1 14 oz package frozen, steamed)
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan
- COOK: Turn Instant Pot on Saute->More. When warm, add olive oil, then chicken that has been seasoned with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer visibly pink. Add garlic cloves and cook one minute more. Pour in chicken broth and penne pasta and stir together. Pour heavy cream on top. Close lid and set vent to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- FINISHING TOUCHES: When timer goes off, allow a 5 minute natural release. Then flip the release valve to "venting" and release all remaining pressure. Open lid and add in parmesan cheese and stir together. Next, add steamed broccoli and stir in. Let sit 3 minutes in Instant Pot to thicken and serve.
Save leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, microwave on half-power until warmed through.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Instant Pot Pasta, Easy Chicken Alfredo, Family Dinners