Chicken and veggies are cooked with chopped biscuit dough to form pillowly, savory bites in a comforting stew.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 10z bag frozen mirepoix (carrots, onions and celery mix)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp Nature's Seasoning spice blend, or other savory spice blend or poultry seasoning
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 can (10 oz) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, rolled flat then cut into small cubes or thin slices
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute: More. When display reads "Hot", add butter and allow to melt. Add frozen mirepoix. When they begin to soften (about 1-2 minutes), season with Nature's Seasoning spice blend. Cook 1-2 minutes more, then add white wine. Scrape up any brown bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add boneless, skinless chicken thighs and season again with salt and pepper. Stir together and saute until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add diced russet potato, chicken stock, fresh rosemary, and bay leaves. Stir everything together and close lid. Make sure the vent is set to Sealing. Press Cancel on Instant Pot, then set for Manual, High Pressure for 7 minutes.
- When timer goes off, flip valve to “venting” and allow steam to release. When pressure indicator has gone down, carefully open the lid and remove bay leaves. Switch Instant Pot back to Saute: More and allow soup to come to a simmer. Scatter cut refrigerated biscuit dough around the pot while gently stirring. Continue simmering until dumplings are cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Set Instant Pot to Keep Warm. Stir in frozen peas and frozen corn and heavy cream. Allow 1-2 minutes to warm through, then serve into individual bowls. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
This recipe contains Amazon Affiliate links.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings, Chicken and Dumplings, Instant Pot Soup Recipe