Caribbean comfort food made easy. This super easy chicken and yellow rice comes together with minimal effort for a delicious weeknight dinner!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- 1 cup light beer
- 10 oz packet Yellow Rice, with seasonings
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat Instant Pot to Saute: More. Add olive oil and garlic cloves. Cook for about 1 minute, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add white onion, shredded carrots and red bell pepper and season with kosher salt and black pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes, until softened. Pour in light beer and allow to simmer for about a minute. Press Cancel setting to stop cooking.
- Add in yellow rice packet with seasonings as well as chicken stock. Stir everything together. Place boneless skinless chicken thighs on top of rice and close lid.
- Make sure vent on top of Instant Pot is set to "sealing". Set Instant Pot for Manual: High for 8 minutes. Allow Instant Pot to manually release for another 10 minutes. Then, switch the vent to "venting" and allow remaining pressure to release.
- Once the pressure indicator has gone down, carefully open the lid to the Instant Pot. Add the frozen peas and stir together. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Let rest about 3 minutes to warm the peas through.
- Spoon into individual bowls and enjoy!
The Instant Pot makes for a great tool for making meals ahead of time. You can easily make this one earlier in the day and leave it on “keep warm” until you’re ready to eat.
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Carribean
Keywords: Arroz Con Pollo, Chicken and Yellow Rice, Chicken and Rice