A spicy rice dish with chicken, smoked sausage and shrimp packed with cajun flavors. Cooks in just 8 minutes in the Instant Pot!
- 12 oz smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 Lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 oz medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Turn Instant Pot on Saute: More. When the display reads “Hot”, add in sliced smoked sausage. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate with paper towels, to soak up excess fat.
- Add in diced onion, green bell pepper, celery and garlic cloves. After a couple minutes, stir around to scrape up any brown bits from the smoked sausage from the bottom of the pan. Season with cajun seasoning and oregano, stirring everything together. Cook one more minute to toast before moving on.
- Add in rice, diced tomatoes, bay leaf and chicken stock. Stir everything together. Add chopped boneless skinless chicken thighs. Close lid and make sure valve on top is set to “Sealing”. Set Instant Pot to Manual: High for 8 minutes.
- When timer goes off, perform a quick release by flipping to valve to “venting”. When pressure indicator goes down, carefully open lid. Return sausage to pan along with green onion and raw shrimp. Stir everything together. The heat of the rice will reheat the sausage and cook the shrimp after about 3 minutes. Let stand 3 minutes to heat everything through and serve immediately. Garnish with extra green onion, if wanted.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Cajun
Keywords: Instant Pot Jambalaya, Easy Cajun Recipes, Quick Jamabalya