Creamy Instant Pot Reuben Soup has all the ingredients of a Reuben Sandwich in soup form! A great recipe for leftover Corned Beef. Cooks in 10 minutes!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 cup diced celery
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 lb cooked corned beef (chopped)
- 11 oz sauerkraut
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh dill (chopped)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz swiss cheese (sliced)
- SAUTE: Set Instant Pot to Saute: More. When display reads “Hot”, add olive oil and allow to heat for 30 seconds. Add in carrots, onions and celery. Season with a pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Saute until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- ADD MEAT: Add diced corned beef, sauerkraut, bay leaf, fresh dill and cook for another minute. Pour in one cup of broth. Use a spatula to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan, then add remaining broth. Add another pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- SEAL AND COOK: Close lid and set Instant Pot to Manual: High for 10 minutes. When timer goes off, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure manually before opening lid.
- FINISHING TOUCHES: In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cold water to make a slurry. Remove bay leaf from soup and pour in slurry. Stir together well. In same small bowl, ladle in a spoonful of the soup and add heavy cream. Stir together for 30 seconds then add to soup along with shredded swiss cheese. Set Pot to Saute: More and cook for 5 minutes more.
- SERVING: Ladle into individual bowls for serving. Serve with croutons, crostini or better yet, make a bread bowl for a truly fulfilling meal.
- Category: Main Course, Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Irish
Keywords: St. Patrick's Day Recipes, Corned Beef Recipes, Instant Pot Soup