A super healthy and low carb dinner featuring greek marinated chicken and your favorite veggies. Keto Greek Chicken Bowls are a great low-carb quick dinner!
- 1/4 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz feta cheese (crumbled)
- 12 oz cauliflower rice
- 1/4 red onion (diced)
- 1 medium tomato (diced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 4 oz kalamata olives (cut in half)
- 2 oz capers
- 1/2 english cucumber (diced)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup tzatziki sauce
- Butterfly cut each chicken breast parallel to the cutting board so that you wind up with four evenly sizes breasts. Place in a ziploc bag.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil fresh dill, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Mix together well and pour into ziploc bag. Shake bag around to coat chicken well. Lay chicken bag flat in fridge.
- Marinade chicken for at least 1-8 hours.
- While chicken is marinating, prep your veggies. First, make your cauliflower rice by running the cauliflower over a medium-sized grater. Alternatively, you can also use a grating plate in a food processor to do it quickly. Place in a prep bowl and into fridge.
- Prep all veggies and place each into an individual prep bowl. Dice red onion, carrot and garlic and place into a prep bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes and red bell peppers.
- Crumble feta cheese and slice kalamata olives in half.
- Quarter an English cucumber and dice into small pieces.
- Again, place each item it it's own bowl and set aside. If doing ahead, place in fridge until ready.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and cover pan well.
- Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place chicken smooth side down in the pan. Let cook for 3 minutes to develop grill marks, then turn each breast 90° in the pan to get a nice criss-cross pattern. Cook 3 more minutes, then flip. Cook until chicken reaches 155° internal temp.
- Let rest at least 10 minutes as you move on.
- While chicken is resting, bright second large pan to heat over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and let heat for a minute.
- Add red onion, carrots and garlic and stir into the oil. Cook three minutes, until softened.
- Next, add your cauliflower, along with another pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir everything together in the pan. Cook two minutes, until it begins to soften, then cover pan with a lid and reduce heat to medium. The lid will help to steam the cauliflower.
- Cook four more minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
- To plate, place cauliflower first down in a large bowl.
- Slice chicken crosswise and place on top of chicken. Then, arrange each topping around the bowl. Top with tzatziki.
- One of the best advantages to cauliflower rice over normal rice is its ability to eat up flavor. Mix in veggies, garlic, salt and pepper to make it even more delicious. It makes a great move for every bite.
- As always, the key to cooking chicken is not to let it dry out. There's three steps to doing making sure you get a moist bite that we'll follow with this recipe. First, marinate the chicken. We'll use a nice olive oil and lemon base for our marinade. Second, slice the breasts parallel in half, creating two thinner breasts instead of one super thick bite. This allows for a more even cook. Last, make sure to let it rest 10 minutes before slicing it. This keeps the juices from running out. Investing in a meat thermometer doesn't hurt your case, either.
- Tzatziki can be store bought, but I definitely recommend making your own as well. Check out our super quick recipe for greek tzatziki.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 18.4g
- Saturated Fat: 7.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 27.1g
- Cholesterol: 75.9mg
Keywords: Greek Recipe, Healthy Dinner, Keto