Irish chicken is simple but absolutely packed with flavor. Build flavors using bacon, leeks to make a wonderful sauce, then warming your chicken in it for an awesome bite. Keep it super keto friendly by serving it over some mashed cauliflower for a perfectly filling bite.
- 1 leek (thinly sliced)
- 2 carrots (cut into a medium dice)
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 lb precooked chicken
- 2 tsp tarragon
- 1 cup half and half
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- olive oil
- Place bacon in a cold cast iron pan . Place on burner and turn up to medium-low heat. Cook until underside of bacon begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook until lightly browned all around.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towel and set aside.
- Add leeks and carrots to pan, along with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Stir in pan while cooking for 3 minutes, until leeks soften.
- Add tarragon leaves along with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook two minutes more.
- Next, add chicken stock and cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. While the stock is cooking, crumble the cooked bacon.
- When stock is reduced, add 1/2 the bacon to the pan, along with all of the chopped chicken breast. Pour in half-and-half and stir together.
- Simmer until chicken is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- For a low carb option, serve over fresh mashed cauliflower (pictured). For the non carb-weary, mashed potatoes or rice work as well.
- I used precooked chicken for this recipe, as I often do for this. I'll pick up the large pack of rotisserie chicken breast meet from Costco for certain recipes. It's nice when I need something hassle free and quick to make for dinner.
- That said, you can definitely cook your own chicken if you prefer. Simply use chicken breasts pounding to 1/2 inch thickness. Cook them in the same pan first, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove and let rest while moving on with the steps below.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Irish
Keywords: Irish Recipe, Keto Chicken, Chicken Bacon