- 1/2 english cucumber
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 2 cups whole milk greek yogurt
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 8 oz feta cheese
- 24 slider buns
- CUCUMBER: Grate english cucumber with a microplane grater . Place in mesh strainer and press to get excess water out. Place in mixing bowl .
- EVERYTHING ELSE: Grate in fresh garlic with microplane grater . Add olive oil, salt, fresh lemon juice, fresh chopped dill and greek yogurt. Stir everything together. Cover and place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- BACON PREP: Place bacon on a baking sheet and into the freezer for 30 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and pulse for 10-15 seconds to create small bits of raw bacon.
- MIX BURGERS: Add bacon, ground lamb and dried oregano to mixing bowl . Mix by hand until well combined. Form patties two inches in diameter. Make a dimple in the center of the patty using your thumb. Season outside with salt and pepper.
- COOK: Place patties in frying pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Cook in batches if necessary and remove to a baking sheet when done. When sliders are all cooked, place buns inside down on the pan and cook until toasted. Meanwhile, place a small slice of feta cheese on each patty.
- BROIL & SERVE: Turn oven broiler on high and place patties under heat until cheese begins to brown. Remove and place on bun with a generous portion of tzatziki spooned on top.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Slider recipe, party food, lamb recipes