Easy, healthy, bright and delicious, this recipe for Lemon Parmesan Roasted is an amazing healthy veggie side dish. Veggie side dish recipes aren't something we all have to suffer through with delicous Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- 1 broccoli head (large)
- 2 cloves garlic (thily sliced)
- 1 lemon (for juice and zest)
- kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (taste)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin preferred)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cut broccoli fresh from steam into florets of equal size. Scatter broccoli and sliced garlic cloves on baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Mix together on pan and place in center of oven. Roast broccoli for 15-18 minutes, just until they are easily fork tender.
- Remove from oven and zest lemon over, then grate parmesan cheese lightly over. Plate and grate with a touch more parmesan. Serve with a lemon wedge so that each person can squeeze their desired amount of lemon over.
- The main key here is to try your best to cut your broccoli into as equally sized florets as possible. I cut them straight off the stem, then half them for maximum roasting surface area. Small florets are kept whole for uniformity. You don't want some to burn while other undercook.
- Freshly grated parm works best here. I very rarely use the canned powder parmesan. I don't know what's going on there. The freshly shaved stuff over a microplane grater simply tastes better, too. Stick to the good stuff.
- Serving each bit with a lemon wedge is my favorite way to go here. It gives you two things. First, each eater can control how much lemon they want. Secondly, the burst of color simply draws the eye a bit on the plate too. Hey, I can be artsy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 674mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
Keywords: Roasted Veggie, Healthy Side Dish, Family Dinner