- 2 large russet potatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- olive oil (drizzle)
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Place in an empty pot and just cover with cold water. Add a healthy pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until potatoes are just tender enough to crush with the back of a spoon.
- Drain potatoes and return to empty pot. Place pot on burner and cover with lid. Shake pot back and forth while it cooks for 3 minutes to steam potatoes. When finished, remove from heat and spoon into potato ricer. Press through and into a large mixing bowl.
- While potatoes are cooking, add heavy cream, bay leaf, rosemary, crushed garlic cloves in a small pot along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Stir often with a rubber spatula, scrapping the bottom as your stir. Cook until cream is reduced by half.
- Run reduced cream through a mesh strainer and into another pot. Using the back of a spoon, press the garlic and rosemary into the strainer to get press through any extra oils.
- Add 1/3 of cream to bowl with potatoes and whip in with a rubber spatula. Repeat twice more until all cream is mixed in. Add chopped green onions and butter and continue to whip until fully mixed in. To serve, spoon onto a plate or into a large serving dish. Garnish with chives and a drizzle of olive oil
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Holiday Sides, Potluck Recipe, Mashed Potatoes