- 4 ears yellow corn, in husk
- 1 cup creme fresh (or sour cream)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 6 oz cotija cheese, plus more for topping
- 4 lime wedges, for serving
- Grill corn: Preheat grill to medium-high, about 400°. Remove silks and peel about half of the husks off each ear of corn and discard. Place corn directly on grill with grill cover close, turning every 5 minutes or so. Grill until husks turn black and corn is tender to the touch. This should take about 20 minutes or so. Remove to a pan and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Cut Corn: Remove remaining husks from corn and stand on end. Using a chef's knife, cut the kernels off the cob by cutting downward and into the mixing bowl .
- Mix Ingredients: Add creme fresh, lime zest, chipotle chili powder, regular chili powder, paprika and crumbled cotija cheese to mixing bowl . Mix everything together well.
- To Serve: Spoon street corn mixture into individual bowls. Sprinkle with crumbled cotija cheese and serve each bowl with a lime wedge. Top with hot sauce, if desired.
Corn can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for three days. Reheat in the microwave for about 90 seconds before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Mexican Street Corn, Elote, Mexican Side Dish