One-Pan Chicken Marsala is a simple recipe that's anything buy simply on flavor! Packed with deep, rich flavors, this recipe elevates it with crispy-skin chicken thighs for an exquisite bite that's sure to impress.
- 8 chicken thighs (boneless and skin-on)
- 8 oz white mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Once chicken is ready, place skin side up and season generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan . Heat olive oil for about two minutes, then add 1 tbsp butter and allow to melt. Spread evenly around pan.
- Place chicken thighs skin-sound down in pan, pressing firmly to make sure the skin is in full contact with the pan. Make sure not to overcrowd your pan. If you can't easily get all your thighs in at once, cook them in batches, no big deal!
- Allow to cook for about 5 minutes, until the skin is a nice crispy golden brown and the rest of the chicken has begun to go opaque. Flip over and cook opposite side for about a minute and remove to a pan. The thighs shouldn't be fully cooked at that point, but they'll finish in a minute when we add them to our marsala sauce.
- Once all chicken thighs are cooked, drain of excess fat and add mushrooms to pan. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper. This will help to draw the moisture out of the mushrooms and de-glaze the pan a little. Allow mushrooms to cook for about 5 minutes, until they begin to turn golden brown. At that point, add the minced shallots to pan and stir well. Cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Then, add flour to mushroom and shallot mixture and stir together well. Cook for about 5 minutes to get the starchy-taste out of the flour.
- Add wine to pan, stirring around to de-glaze and get up any cooked bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan. Cook until wine reduces by half, about 2-3 minutes. Next, add chicken stock and stir together. Continue cooking over medium until sauce reduces by half. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1 tbsp cold butter and chopped fresh parsley and stir in well.
- Add chicken thighs to pan skin side up. Try to keep the skin above the sauce, as we want to preserve that crispy skin as much as possible. Cook for another 3 minutes, until sauce is thick enough to serve. Place two thighs on top of spooned sauce on a place. Goes great with a green veggie or mashed potatoes.
- Category: Dinner, Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 0
- Calories: 481
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0