Parmesan Crusted Chicken is anything but bland. This breaded bite locks in all the deliciousness, giving you wonderful, juicy chicken that your family will love. Learn how to make Parmesan Crusted Chicken with this awesome and easy to follow recipe.
Mike’s Recipe Rundown
- Taste: Parmesan, herbs and garlic are the perfect compliment to a chicken breast.
- Texture: Firm and juicy. The parmesan crust really works to lock in the flavor, making sure you don’t lose any of those precious juices.
- Pros: Easy to make, definitely quick enough to chalk up as an after-work dinner.
- Cons: You’re going to get a few dishes dirty with the prep. Not too bad, though.
- Did my little one like it? Yes, she did. But she did ask to dip it in mustard. Because she dips everything in mustard now.
- Would I make it again? Definitely. This is a great meal to add to your rotation for a non-boring chicken dinner.
Tips and Ticks
- Make sure you master the wet-hand/dry-hand approach when dredging your chicken to help things go smoother. This helps two ways. One, you’ll make less of a mess while cooking. Secondly, you won’t clump your bread crumbs as much, so you’ll be able to stretch them further. As a bonus tip, I use food service gloves on my wet hand to help keep things extra tidy.
- Let the chicken rest ten minutes before serving. This helps to allow the chicken to relax and reabsorb it’s juices. Your juices won’t run out of the chicken as soon as you cut in, leaving you with a dry piece of rubber.
- Do not overcrowd your pan. If you can’t easily lay the chicken flat in the pan, cook it in batches. While the second batch is cooking, simply hold the first batch in the oven on the “keep warm” setting on a baking pan.
What do I need to make Chicken Parmesan
In addition to your ingredients, you’ll want to shallow bowls to dredge your chicken in. I like using my small and narrow Snapware containers. You’ll want a nice frying pan for cooking your chicken. I use a large cast iron pan for mine. Lastly, you may need a large baking sheet to hold your chicken in the oven, if you need to cook it in batches.
Find out why people love our most popular recipes, like Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin, Instant Pot Chicken a la King and Homemade Beef Stroganoff. When it’s burning hot in Tallahassee, I love to pop some Arnold Palmer Popsicles in the freezer, or cool off with Pomegranate Margaritas.
How to make Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Slice chicken breast in half horizontally, butterflying them into two pieces. Lightly pound to about 1/4 inch thick. Set up two shallow bowls. In the first bowl, scramble your egg. In the next bowl, combine all dry ingredients (original breadcrumbs, panko breadcrumbs, freshly grated parmesan, salt, pepper, paprika and chopped fresh parsley).
Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium heat. When warm, add olive oil and butter until better begins to melt.
You want to use a wet-hand/dry-hand approach to your chicken. I use a food service glove on my wet hand as well, just to eliminate clean-up. Using your wet hand, dip a chicken breast in the beaten egg, then lift and shake off any excess egg. Place chicken in bowl with bread crumb mixture.
Lightly press down on the chicken to press it into the bread crumbs below. Using your dry hand, scoop bread crumbs so that they cover the chicken. Again, lightly press the bread crumbs into the top of the chicken. Lift chicken up and place it in heated frying pan so that it lays flat.
Cook that chicken!
Cook chicken in pan until underside is golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Flip over and cook until opposite side is brown and center is no longer pink, about another 4 minutes. Check chicken with a food thermometer for doneness.
Repeat with remaining breasts, but do not overcrowd the pan. If chicken cannot all lay flat in the pan, cook in batches. When first batch is done, place the cooked chicken in the oven on the “Keep Warm” setting while completing the rest.
Let chicken rest on a pan for 10 minutes before serving. Goes great alongside some steamed green beans or weeknight brussels sprouts, or an easy Caesar salad.
What to do with leftover Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Store chicken in an airtight container and keep in fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, place in microwave and reheat under 50% power until warm (about 2 minutes). You could also serve it cold over a salad for lunch, or even heat it back up in sauce for a good chicken parmesan.
Check out our latest posts
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken and Yellow Rice | Arroz Con Pollo
- Sous Vide Sausage
- 2 Step CrockPot Cheesy Potatoes
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Chicken breast dredged in a parmesan, herb and breadcrumb mixture that makes for an awesomely juicy and flavorful bite. A great weeknight dinner recipe!
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut in half horizontally
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup original breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Slice chicken in half horizontally and lightly pound to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Set up two shallow bowls. In one, beat egg. In other, mix together all dry ingredients (original breadcrumbs, panko breadcrumbs, freshly grated parmesan, salt, pepper, paprika and chopped fresh parsley).
- Heat large frying pan over medium heat. Add oil and butter and let melt.
- Dredge chicken in egg, then lift to shake excess. Next, place flat in breadcrumb bowl. Using your dry hand, scoop over breadcrumbs to cover the top. Press gently into the chicken to adhere breadcrumbs. Lift and shake off any excess.
- Place chicken flat in pan and cook until underside is golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and continue cooking another 4 minutes, or until opposite side is also golden brown and center is no longer pink. Let chicken rest 10 minutes before serving.
If necessary, cook chicken in batches as to not overcrowd the pan. When first batch is done, hold cooked chicken in oven on keep warm setting.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan Frying
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Breaded Chicken, Easy Dinner Ideas, Quick Dinner Recipes