Chicken breast dredged in a parmesan, herb and breadcrumb mixture that makes for an awesomely juicy and flavorful bite. A great weeknight dinner recipe!
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut in half horizontally
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup original breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Slice chicken in half horizontally and lightly pound to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Set up two shallow bowls. In one, beat egg. In other, mix together all dry ingredients (original breadcrumbs, panko breadcrumbs, freshly grated parmesan, salt, pepper, paprika and chopped fresh parsley).
- Heat large frying pan over medium heat. Add oil and butter and let melt.
- Dredge chicken in egg, then lift to shake excess. Next, place flat in breadcrumb bowl. Using your dry hand, scoop over breadcrumbs to cover the top. Press gently into the chicken to adhere breadcrumbs. Lift and shake off any excess.
- Place chicken flat in pan and cook until underside is golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and continue cooking another 4 minutes, or until opposite side is also golden brown and center is no longer pink. Let chicken rest 10 minutes before serving.
If necessary, cook chicken in batches as to not overcrowd the pan. When first batch is done, hold cooked chicken in oven on keep warm setting.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan Frying
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Breaded Chicken, Easy Dinner Ideas, Quick Dinner Recipes