Hot dogs rolled in a puff pastry makes an awesome finger food that people love!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 8 quality hot dogs
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- GET STARTED: Remove puff pastry from freezer and let thaw at room temperature for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400° and cut each hot dog into 4 evenly sized pieces
- ROLL AND SPREAD: When pastry is thawed, roll out slightly on a lightly floured surface. Spread yellow mustard all over top of puff pastry, making sure to go all the way to the edges. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top.
- CUT & WRAP: Cut the puff pastry in 8 strips, then crosswise into 4 more strips. You should wind up with 32 pieces. Place a hot dog piece in the center of each piece of puff pastry. Wrap puff pastry around hot dog. Place on a baking sheet, seem sound down.
- WASH & BAKE: Beat together whole egg and cold water in a bowl. Using a pastry bush, cover all exposed areas of puff pastry with egg wash. Place in center of preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Party Food, Finger Food, Kid Friendly Snacks