- 24 large white mushrooms, washed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1 stalk celery, cut in quarters
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- PREP: Remove stems from mushrooms, placing stems in a food processor. In same processor, add garlic, shallots, celery and parsley and let run about 5 seconds to chop fine.
- SAUTE CAPS: In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Season mushroom caps with salt and pepper. Saute caps flat side down for 3 minutes, until it just begins to brown. Flip over and saute opposite site for 3 more minutes. Remove caps to a baking pan and drain pan.
- MAKE FILLING: In same pan, add sausage and cook until brown. Add in diced mushroom stem mix from the food processor . Season with salt and pepper and saute for about 5-6 minutes, until soft. Remove to bowl with sausage and stir everything together. Allow about 10 minutes to cool.
- STUFF THOSE SHROOMS: Preheat oven to 475°F. Add crumbled feta cheese to bowl with sausage and veggies. Mix together well. Fill caps with a spoon so that filling comes up in a small mound. Place onto a greased baking sheet. When all mushrooms are stuffed, place in center of oven and bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until filling turns brown. Remove and transfer to a serving dish to serve immediately!
If making these for a party, you can stuff the mushrooms the night before and wrap tightly and bake just prior to the party. You can also bake them ahead of time and keep them warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Party Food, Finger Food, Stuffed Mushrooms