Chicken wings smoked to add flavor and cooked until the skin is perfectly crispy. A great treat for parties, cookouts and tailgates!
- 24 chicken wings (drums and flappers separated)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp course black pepper
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing (optional, for dipping)
- PREP: Preheat smoker to 225°. Meanwhile, pat wings completely dry and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a mixing bowl and toss in baking powder.
- SMOKE: Smoke at 225° for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, gradually raise heat to 425° and cook for another 45 minutes, until the skin is nice and crispy.
- SAUCE AND TOSS: Heat Frank's Red Hot Sauce, Butter and Garlic Powder in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until butter is melted and everything is well combined. Reduce heat to low. When wings are done, remove to mixing bowl and pour sauce over top. Toss until all wings are coated. Let rest five minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Tailgate Recipes, Chicken Wings, Smoked Chicken