Delicious juicy pork chops with a perfectly crispy crust. Sous Vide pork chops delivers perfect pork with very little work.
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil, or other high smoke point oil (like vegetable or avocado)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat sous vide water bath to 129°.
- Season pork chops on all surfaces with kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Place pork chops in a vacuum sealer bag. You can add multiple pork chops in single a bag, so long as they fit in one flat layer.
- Add in fresh rosemary sprigs and seal bag tightly using a vacuum sealer. Add to water bath and cook 1-2 hours. When finished, remove bag from bath and cut open. Move pork chops to a wire rack and pat dry with a paper towel. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over high heat. Add grapeseed oil and butter to the pan. When butter melts and pan begins to smoke, add in pork chops. Do not overcrowd the pan and cook your chops in batches, if needed. Sear the pork chops for 30 seconds, the flip over to opposite side. Then, stand pork chops up on end to sear the sides as well.
- Repeat once more, searing all the sides a second time. Chops should be pretty well browned at this point. Remove to a place and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe contains Amazon Affiliate links
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Sous Vide
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sous vide pork, sous vide pork chops, pork chop recipe