Hearty turkey and veggies cooked into a gravy and baked under a warm, crisp crust. A perfect recipe for turkey leftovers.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small yellow onions, diced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 bag frozen mixed veggies
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped.
- 1.5 lb turkey, coarsely chopped
- 1 pie crust, store bought
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat cast iron pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and allow 30 seconds to heat. Toss in diced yellow onions and cook until just starting to turn soft, about 3 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and add chopped garlic. Stir together and cook 2 minutes more. Add cubed potato and stir together again. Saute for 3 minutes, until potatoes are just browned.
- Dump in frozen veggies with garlic and stir together. Cook for 3 more minutes to thaw veggies slightly. Season with another pinch of salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium low and add butter. Allow butter to melt, then add flour and stir together well. Cook for one minute, then add chicken stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring in fully with each pour. Season with another pinch of salt and fresh rosemary. Stir everything together and cook until stock reduces slightly, about 3-4 minutes. Pour in chopped turkey breast and stir together. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove pie crust from fridge. Lightly dust a rolling board with flour and roll pie crust out slightly. Place pie dough over chicken and vegetable mixture, pinching along the edge to secure the crust to the pan. Score four small holes in the center. Brush crust with egg white and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Place pot pie in oven and cook for 30 minutes, until crust is nice and golden brown. Remove and let rest 10 minutes before serving. Spoon out individual portions into bowls and enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pot Pie, Leftover Turkey Recipe, Family Dinner Ideas