- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied into 4 cuts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup sherry wine
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Lay out two shallow bowls. In one, combine dry ingredients (flour, salt, pepper, smoked paprika) and whisk together. In the other, scramble egg and milk together. Heat oil and 1 Tbsp butter in a large frying pan (or cast iron pan ) over medium heat.
- When butter begins to foam, take an individual chicken breast and dredge it first in flour, then dip it in the egg mix. Add to pan and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip over and cook another 2-3 minutes, until opposite side is browned. Remove to a pan to rest.
- Add sherry wine to pan and use a spatula to scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour in vegetable broth and fresh lemon juice and stir together. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat. Dip remaining Tbsp of cold butter in flour, then drop in pan. Stir butter in until melted, then add fresh chopped parsley.
- Add chicken back to pan and return to burner over medium heat. Spoon over sauce and cook until chicken is no longer pink about another 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and serve hot, with pan sauce spooned over.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Italian Chicken, Lemon Chicken, Dinner Under 30 Minutes