- 1/2 english cucumber
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup greek yogurt plain
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 sprig fresh dill leaves chopped
- Using microplane grater , grate cucumber into mesh strainer. Pull out any large pieces of cucumber peel and discard.
- Press cucumber through strainer using paper towel until most liquid is strained through. Transfer cucumber to a mixing bowl .
- Next, grate garlic clove into mixing bowl using same grater.
- Juice 1/2 lemon into bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt, yogurt and fresh dill leaves. Stir until well mixed. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let flavors marry together.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Stirring
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Yogurt Sauce, Gyro Sauce, Tzatziki