- 2 Lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1.5 cups long grain rice
- 1 15 oz package frozen yellow corn
- 1 15 oz can black beans, strained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Sour cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Salsa verde
- SAUTE: Set Instant Pot to Saute High. While it is heating, season cut chicken thighs with salt and pepper. When display reads "Hot" add olive oil to bottom of pot, then add chicken. Cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add red bell pepper, red onion, cumin, oregano and chili powder. Stir everything together and cook for 3 more minutes to toast spices and saute veggies.
- COOK: Add black beans, frozen yellow corn, rice and chicken stock and stir everything together. Pour in diced tomatoes with green chilies on top. Do not stir (tomatoes can sometimes burn to the bottom of the pot). Close lid and make sure valve on top is set to "sealing". Switch Instant Pot to Manual, High pressure for 10 minutes and allow to cook.
- FINISH: When timer goes off, perform a quick release by flipping the valve on top to "venting". Allow steam to escape and indicator to go down. When it does, carefully open the lid. Spoon burrito bowl mixture into individual bowls and top with cheese, guacamole, sour cream and shredded lettuce. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Burrito Bowls, Easy Mexican Recipe, Cinco De Mayo Recipe