This classic Hungarian meat and pasta dish in a delicious red sauce is ready in just 35 minutes! 3 quick steps from beginning to end, just saute, dump and stir for a delicious dinner!
1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp salt and black pepper
- 16 oz box macaroni pasta
- 3.5 cups chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- shredded parmesan cheese, to taste
- Saute beef, onions & garlic: Turn Instant Pot to Saute: More. When the display reads "Hot", add ground beef, diced onions, and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir together, breaking up meat as it cooks. Cook until beef is browned, then drain excess fat.
- Add the rest: Add macaroni pasta and stir together. Pour in chicken stock, Italian seasoning, and soy sauce. Top with crushed tomatoes and bay leaf (cover top of noodles but do not stir in!).
- Cook & finish: Close lid and make vent is set to sealing. Press Cancel, then set Instant Pot for Manual: High Pressure for 4 minutes. When the timer goes off, perform a quick release by flipping the valve to venting. When the pressure has released and the indicator has gone down, carefully remove the lid. Remove bay leaves, then stir everything together. Goulash will thicken after 1-2 minutes of stirring. Serve warm topped with parmesan cheese.
This recipe contains Amazon affiliate links, which means the site may make a small commission if you make a purchase after following one of these links. Your support is appreciated.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Hungarian
Keywords: Easy Goulash, Instant Pot Goulash, 30 Minute Goulash