Flavor packed soup rich with fresh vegetables, blended smooth with cream and cheese to make it extra delicious! Cooks quick in the Instant Pot !
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 12oz jars, roasted red peppers
- 2.5 cups vegetable broth
- 6 oz smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 0.5 cup half and half
- Turn Instant Pot on Saute: More. When display reads "Hot", add butter and allow to melt before adding sliced garlic cloves. Cook until garlic begins to turn brown, about a minute.
- Add in chopped celery, onion and carrots. Cook about 2 minutes, then season with dried oregano and a healthy pinch of salt and pepper. Stir everything together and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add in white wine and scrape up any brown bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pot. Allow to simmer for about a minute to cook off any alcohol. Add in cubed russet potato, roasted red peppers and vegetable broth. Close lid and make sure vent is set to "sealing". Set Instant Pot to Manual: High for 7 minutes.
- When timer goes off, perform a quick release by flipping the valve to venting. [Note: cover the vent with a towel to help soup from releasing everywhere.] When pressure has fully released, carefully open lid.
- Using an immersion blender , blend soup until smooth. Add in shredded smoked gouda cheese and half and half and stir in until well blended. Spoon into bowls and serve immediately.
If you don't have an immersion blender, you can still make this recipe with a minor adjustment. Instead of blending your soup with the handheld blender , ladle the soup into a normal countertop blender until the blender is about 2/3 full. Remove the plastic insert from the lid to allow steam to escape and run until smooth. Return to the pot and continue working in batches until the soup is smooth.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Soup, Red Pepper Soup, Healthy Soup Recipe