Perfect soft pretzel snackers are great for parties or kiddies! An awesome snack food for get together or tailgate parties!
- 1 package instant yeast
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3/4 cup butter (melted)
- 2.5 cups bread flour
- 1 egg plus 1 Tbsp cold water
- 2.5 tsp kosher salt
- Add warm water and instant yeast to kitchen stand mixer. Stir gently and let rest 15 minutes to activate. Add in 1 Tbsp honey, butter and 1 cup of bread flour and mix using bread hook to create sludge. Gradually add remaining bread flour until it gently pulls away from the sides of the kitchen stand. Knead for 5 minutes, than transfer to a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a towel and let rest for 90 minutes.
- Press dough to deflate, than transfer to a lightly floured surface. Cut into 8 equally sized sections. Roll each section into a two foot long rope. Cut into 2 inch long sections. Cover with a damn towel while moving on to the next step.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with a Tbsp of honey. Add in pretzel bites in batches and boil for 30 seconds. Remove to a baking dish lined with paper towel. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°.
- Arrange pretzel bites on a lightly greased pan so there is roughly an inch of space between them. In a small bowl, beat together egg and a Tbsp of cold water. Brush over pretzel bites on all exposed surfaces. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes in center of oven, until golden brown. Remove and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Freeze leftover pretzel bites for up to 3 months. Reheat at 250° for about 15 minutes, until heated through.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Party Food, Kid Friendly, Tailgate Recipes