Need a simple side dish recipe for a potluck or just an easy potato recipe at home? With CrockPot Cheesy Potatoes, just dump it, forget about it and enjoy! Two steps is all that stands between you and an excellent side dish with this incredible easy and amazingly delicious cheesy potatoes recipe!
What are CrockPot Cheesy Potatoes?
The internet is ripe with cheesy potato recipes, and for good reason. This recipe calls hash browns to be slowly cooked with cheese, seasonings and creamy soup to give you a perfectly gooey end result. I’ve made cheesy potatoes many ways throughout the years – and this is my favorite way to make it. You can’t beat the double-win of most delicious and easiest!
Why you’ll love this recipe
2 steps. That’s it. That most difficult part of this recipe is going to be waiting to enjoy it’s greatness! Looking to bring something delicious to a potluck but don’t want to spend hours cooking? This is exactly the perfect recipe for that. It goes great on the table at holidays, or just when you’re looking for a great weeknight side dish recipe. Goes great with favorite recipes like Sous Vide Steak or Crispy Sous Vide Chicken Thighs.
CrockPot Cheesy Potatoes Tips and Tricks
- The portions for this recipe are made for a family dinner, but it’s easy to scale. On the recipe itself, you can multiply the size of the meal. Either way, the instructions stay the same, and it’s still just minutes of work for you!
- Make cleanup a breeze with crockpot liners. Simply drape them over the pot before starting. When you’re done, all you’ll need to do is discard the liner. So easy!
- If you’re taking this in for a potluck, you can make them at home ahead of time. Simply cook them fully according to instructions and place them in the fridge overnight. When you bring them in, have them set to “low” for an hour before, then switch to “keep warm” about 15 minutes prior to service.
- If you don’t have a crockpot, you can make this in the oven as well. Simply combine all the ingredients and place in a greased casserole dish. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
How to Make CrockPot Cheesy Potatoes
Listen, it doesn’t get much easier than this. While I typically look for a exciting techniques to bring the best taste out of something, there’s absolutely no need to make this more complex. The simplicity of this meal is exciting enough on its own. The result of this amazingly easy, two step recipe is just so good, there’s no need to overcomplicate it.
So, to make you’re Crockpot cheesy potatoes, you’ll want to place all the ingredients into your pot, reserving only half the cheese and chives. Stir everything together, then sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Cook on high for two hours, then reduce heat to “keep warm” for 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with remaining chives and serve!Print
Dump it in, forget it and enjoy! This recipe for perfect CrockPot Cheesy Potatoes is the perfect potluck recipe – and so easy too! A delicious two step recipe!
- 1 20 oz package shredded hash browns
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 oz cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Reserve half the cheese and chives. Dump all remaining ingredients into a greased crock pot and mix everything together with a large spoon. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and close lid. Cook on low for two hours.
- Switch crock pot to “Keep Warm” 15 minutes prior to serving. Garnish with remaining chives and serve warm!
- To make this ahead of time for a potluck, simply cook it fully ahead of time and place pot in refrigerator overnight. To reheat, simply place on low for an hour, then back to “Keep Warm” 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Trans Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 16g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
Keywords: Potluck Recipe, Cheesy Potatoes, Side Dish Recipe