Pomegranate Margaritas combine two of our favorite drinks; Pomegranate juice for the fruitiness and margaritas, well, for the relaxiness (go with it). Combined, it's an amazing cup of flavor and fun. Very easy to bring together with this easy recipe!
Mike's Recipe Rundown
- Taste: Pomegranate delivers a full, berry-like fruity flavor that just bursts on the the tongue. A splash of lime juice brightens things up a tad. We use silver tequila for a cleaner base, so really let the fruitiness shine.
- Strength - Medium: Tequila isn't for everyone, sure, but the fruitiness really covers up that flavor and delivers a well balanced drink. Plus, we blend it with ice to really make it a refreshing drink.
- Difficulty - Beginner: Simply measure everything into to a blender , combine and enjoy!
- Pros: This just may be the undisputed champion of summer poolside drinks. The pomegranate delivers an awesome twist on this classic adult beverage.
- Cons: You can find yourself well into a bottle of tequila before you know it, since the flavor is masked so well. Drink responsibly, mi amigos!
- Would I make it again? You bet! I make this by the pitcher when entertaining friends in back by the pool. I have loved this drink ever since I saw Bobby Flay make it, which inspired this recipe.
There's some other great recipes you'll love, too. Like easy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese, perfect Pulled Pork or Parmesan Crusted Chicken. Right now my favorite comfort food recipe is the Kentucky Hot Brown, which goes great alongside a tasty Mint Julep.
What do I need to make Pomegranate Margaritas?
A good blender is a must here. Not a little ninja thing either, the real deal. If you're making this for a party, the bigger the better so you can do large batches at once. From there, just grab a bottle of premium pomegranate juice from the grocery store, and some quality silver tequila from a liquor store. A splash of orange liquor and lime juice and some ice is all you then need to finish this one off!
For style points, make sure you serve them up in a classic margarita glass.
Tips and Tricks
- This recipe is for a frozen margarita, meaning it's blended up with ice. But if you want a non-frozen version, that's easy to do, too. Simple add all the ingredients to a shaker glass with ice, then shake vigorously for 30 seconds and strain into a glass.
- Clear (aka silver) tequila is what you want to go with here. Gold tequila often packs more flavor. It's good with a more classic margarita, but we really want to fruit to shine here.
When to make Pomegranate Margaritas
How to make Pomegranate Margaritas
This one is super simple. Combine all pomegranate juice, silver tequila, orange liquor, ice and lime juice in a large blender . Blend on "Frozen Drink" mode until ice is crushed into fine pieces. Pour into individual margarita glasses and enjoy!
Check out our latest recipes
- Easy 2-Step Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Goulash
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches (Slow Cooker Option)
- Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu
- The Complete Guide to Sous Vide Pork Chops
- 4 oz tequila
- 2 oz orange liquor
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 lime, juiced
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve in a margarita glass and enjoy!